⁂ full schedule and more information soon ⁂
ONE Moves Through, never stopping.
ONE does not give in to failure and goes on.
ONE gladiates, fights, exists.
ONE remains and subsists.
ONE is a collective moment of resistance and resistance in all movements.
ONE is collective, is assembly.
- 27 March – 1 April 2017 | Residency UM [unimal], MD Kollektiv, Koln (DE)
- 22-26 May 2017 | Residency UM [unimal], Dance Ireland, Dublin (IR) – within the context of International Associate Artist 2017
- 26-30 June 2017 | Residency at Mosteiro S. Bento da Vitória /TNSJ, Porto
- 6-13 September | Residency at Centro Danza Canal, Madrid (ES)
- 13 September 2017 | OPEN REHEARSAL Centro Danza Canal, Madrid (ES) – 18:00
- 24-30 September 2017 | Residency at Grand Studio Brussels (BE) in partnership with Materiais Diversos (PT)
- 30 September 2017 | OPEN REHEARSAL Grand Studio Brussels (BE) in partnership with Materiais Diversos (PT) – 16:00
- 24 Nov -15 Dec 2017 | Residency at O Espaço do Tempo (PT) and Musibéria (PT)
ONE [unimal] deals mainly with the idea of survival. Survival is simultaneously what subsists after a disappearance and what remains from previous times. Concepts such as continuity, permanence, maintenance, subsistence and resistance become key in the development of the piece.
The central theme, is therefore unfolded in two sub-vectors, that are intertwined and worked through exhaustion:
– Subsistence after a disappearing, which represents the evident connection with my previous work FM [featuring mortuum], by the choice of the performer.
– Permanence of habits and customs from previous times, being revealed by the research of social and political movements of resistance that arise as structured effort against and installed authority creating the binary movements of resistance / resistant movements or resistant dances/ resistance in dance.
ONE is a solo that invokes the idea of one sole body, representing a collective and common history throughout a research on the place of dance and its impact on our survival and in the manifesting bodies of today.
ONE intends to investigate a continuous physicality, that never stops and transcends, fighting constantly for the permanence on stage and whose exhaustion and perseverance may be witnessed live.
Concept, Choreography and Artistic Direction Cristina Planas Leitão | Performance and co-creation | Daniela Cruz | Light design & Technical Direction Cárin Geada | Soundscape Flávio Rodrigues | Dramaturgical Support Victor Hugo Pontes, Catarina Miranda | Sound Technician and Sound space Pedro Lima | Executive Production Célia Machado | Support to communication and Advice Joana Ferreira | Distribution Teresa Camarinha | Graphic Design Eduardo Ferreira| Photography Susana Neves | Video registration Sofia Arriscado
**Avant-Premiere 27 April 2018 – Teatro Académico Gil Vicente, Coimbra (PT)
Culturgest, Lisboa (PT)
Teatro Municipal do Porto (PT)
Teatro Aveirense (PT) – to be announced
Co-presenters Teatro Académico de Gil Vicente (PT); Teatro Municipal de Faro (PT); Casa das Artes de Famalicão (PT)
Residencies & Support to the Creation 2017/2018:
MD Kollektiv, Koln (DE)
Dance Ireland, Dublin (IR)
Centro Danza Canal, Madrid (ES)
Materiais Diversos/ Grand Studio Brussels (PT/BE)
O Espaço do Tempo (PT)
Companhia Instável, Porto (PT)
NAVE, Santiago (CL)
23Milhas/ CM Ílhavo (PT)
Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian / Apoio à Internacionalização 2017 pela Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian